Because your kids must travel safety
For the protection of your children during your car rental period, child safety restraint seats are available at Europcar locations in Thailand upon advance reservation. Children under seven years of age must wear a child restraint or booster seat when travelling in a car for improved safety.
In Thailand Europcar offers three variants of child safety restraint seats:
- Infant Safety Seat (CSI). For children 0-12 months old (0-9kg)
- Toddler Safety Seat (CSB). For children 1-3 years old (8-18kg)
- Child Safety Seat (CST). For children 4-7 years old (14-26kg)
All three options can be added during your booking (depending on availability)
The type of restraint will depend on the age of the child as follows:
- Children aged under six months must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, rear facing child restraint
- Children aged between six months and under four years must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, rear facing child restraint OR a forward facing child restraint with an in-built harness
- Children aged between four years and under seven must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, forward facing child restraint with an in-built harness OR an approved booster seat which is properly positioned and fastened
For your child's safety, remember these key tips:
- Carefully review both the child restraint and vehicle instructions
- All children should be buckled up in the back (never place a child restraint seat in a seat with an active airbag)
- Always get a tight fit - the restraint should not move more than one inch from side to side or front to back
- Make sure that the harness straps and clip are positioned and secured appropriately
- Set the example - always buckle up yourself!
- Comply with all child restraint laws and ensure that for all children under the age of seven years the restraint has been fitted correctly according to the age of the child and that the restraint is properly adjusted and fastened
Europcar wishes you and your family a safe journey.