Europcar requirements (will vary by country):
In order that you can drive an europcar vehicle we are request you bring the following with you:
- International Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners*)
- Passport (local Identity card, with photo shown, for same country rentals may be acceptable)
- Your local driving licence
- International Driving Permit or Certificed Translation
Please note that Europcar staff may not be able to provide you with a vehicle if you are unable to provide the above mentioned items, or if your licence has expired or has endorsements (drink driving, speeding, etc), or if you appear to be in a physical or mental state unsuitable for driving a vehicle.
International Driving Permit (IDP)
International Driving License can be issued at the Department of Land Transport; you can easily get there by BTS from Mon-Fri in office hours.
The lists below are the documents you need for applying for the international driving license:
- Identification Card and a copy.*
- Household Registration and a copy*
- Passport and a copy
- Driving License (must be older than 1 year) and a copy
- Two ID Photos size 2x2"
- Driving License Fee 505 Baht
* In case you are an immigrant, please use your passport and work permit as an ID and the Household Registration.
However, if you have tourist visa or transit visa it is not allowed issuing an international driving license in Thailand.
For Thais, you may need to issue the Certified Translation for some countries, this can be also issuedat DLT office, using Driving License, Passport, Photo 2x2" and Fee at 105 Baht.
For more information goes to: http://www.dlt.go.th/th/
Call at : 0-2271-8888